The tears and sweat of 34zero6

The life of thirtyfour06.. to bring us through our life.. (HEY! U ALL BETTER UPDATE DAILY IF NOT REGULARLY I TELL U, AND ALL THOSE WHO HAVEN EVEN POSTED 1 ENTRY, GET UR FINGERS ON THE KEYBOARD AND TYPE ONE GOOD ONE!!!)

Saturday, December 02, 2006

lit texts and i'm not dead!!

HELLO PEOPLE.

Yes, I'm not dead!! Even though my own blog appears to be.. Hehe? I've just been too laaaaaaaaaazy to blog. So you guys should feel honoured that I'm blogging here!!! *snickers*

Anyways, I've been to Kino (Ngee Ann City branch) recently to buy the lit texts, and important thing to note is that..

YES, ARDEN SHAKESPEARE DOES HAVE OTHELLO. It's just been out of stock. I've asked the *cough*friendly*cough staff at Kino, and they said it'll arrive in about two weeks.. Leaving anyone who buys that with two weeks to read it before school reopens.. Kino does have Handmaid's Tale, but when I went, there was only the hardcover edition that costs OVER 30 BUCKS. The price, coupled with the fact that the book weighs a gazillion kg, makes anyone who buys that insane.. -_- There's a paperback version that costs about 18 bucks, but it's also out of stock, and will only arrive in about 1-2 weeks. According to the *cough*friendly*cough staff at Kino, the Bugis branch is out of stock too! So, yeah..

Btw, check your mails! I've forwarded an email from Mr. Rajesh to you guys.. But for your convenience's sake..

Hi Civics Reps and Lit Reps,

I need you to relay (in whatever way possible) the following message to your respective civics groups.

I've been receiving smses and calls about texts for 2007. Can you please inform your respective groups that I've placed orders for "The Handmaid's Tale" (Vintage) and "Othello" (Heineman) with Times and they will only arrive mid Dec.

When the texts arrive and if I'm in town, I will make arrangements for you guys to come down to college on a selected date at a stipulated time to buy the texts. Alternatively, you can purchase the texts on the first day of the new year.

We will be completing "The Tempest" and "Pride and Prejudice" in the first few weeks of Term 1, which means that all of you will have time to read the two texts.

The third text for "Imagining Other Worlds" is yet to be decided. I will inform the group when term reopens.

Thanks

Mr Rajesh


There!! Aren't I soooooo nice great?? =D Lol. But don't ask me about the "third text yet to be decided" part, cos I'm not sure either. Thought we already decided on short stories and poems by Edgar Allan Poe.. -_- GAH!

See you all at the chalet!! 4 more days!!! (:

P.S. Forget to mention that Arden's Othelle is about 16 bucks, same as what we paid for Tempest.

P.P.S. When you guys see me on the 6th I'll finally be 17!!! =D *hint hint* x)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home